Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
When you think of Matcha you think of green tea but Red Leaf Tea company has done something exciting with their Matcha by creating a Matcha using white tea leaves that created a lovely White Matcha Tea that is so good! I did something even cooler with this tea and made some delicious no bake cookies.
We had to get creative with this review. Matcha is worth more then just in a tea cup and I got to thinking why not create something for Easter that the kids would enjoy and still get the health benefits from. If you didn’t know, Matcha tea has many health benefits including
- High antioxidant count to kill free radicals in the blood stream
- Reduces the risk of certain types of cancer
- Decreases fine lines and wrinkles in the skin
- Helps maintain a beautiful complexion
- Has only one percent (1%) caffeine content of coffee
But we couldn’t just throw dough in the oven, it had to be more creative then that. Thank goodness I am a Good Cook Kitchen Expert and received a new project challenge! When I received the Sweet Creations Spring Bark Mold along with a Sweet Creations Spring themed Spatula. I had ideas popping out of my head left and right and I will be using this mold all month long. Make sure to check out all their awesome Sweet Creations spring cookware tools here
I decided what better idea than to take a traditional no bake cookie recipe and pimp it out some. White Matcha adds a unique flavor that goes great with the spring theme and the Sweet Creations Spring Bark & Chocolate Mold is the perfect tool for such a project.
The mold can be heated up to 470 degree. Is easy to wash. Comes in a pink spring color. Makes 12 squares that hold a different design in each square. Great for bakes, frozen and chilled desserts. Makes extremely cute hello squares. Retails on Good Cook site for $19.99 save 25% by using promo code SpringFling.
There’s also a matching Hop into Spring Silicone Spatula for 6.79 that completes the spring theme perfectly and is also eligible for the 25% off promo code.
This recipe yields 12 squares and has 3 easy steps for success. You are going to love these cookies!
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white matcha
- 1 back chocolate chips melted
- Combine all ingredients but melted chocolate chips and set aside. Pour melted chocolate into mold and smooth out. Let sit for 10 minutes and then pour no bake mixture over chocolate layer.
- Chill in fridge for one hour before serving.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.