Ok, it might not be high-school or college graduation but graduating from middle school is still a huge milestone and means a lot to your child. Your son or daughter is growing up and is going to be entering high school, which we all know is a whole new ball game. You don’t need to have an extravagant celebration, but it is still nice to do something fun for your graduate.
My daughter is graduating middle school this year and I knew I had to come up with some fun ways to celebrate. I hope this list helps you with your son or daughter’s graduation.
5 Ways to Celebrate Middle School Graduation
1. Plan a Party! I’m sure you knew this one would be at the top of the list. Invite your family over, your chid’s friends and have a celebration. Remember to let your child tell you which friends they want on the list. This is not the easiest age for children, and they may or may not want to have both sex’s at their party.
2. Take a Vacation. Now I’m not talking about packing up the family or going to Hawaii, or anywhere expensive. However, it is summer time and you could take a mini-vacation. Pick a place that your graduate will enjoy, maybe camping, the beach or a road trip to an amusement park. If you are feeling up to it let your son or daughter bring a friend.
3. Buy a Gift! You don’t have to run out and buy the newest iPhone, but you can get something meaningful. If you have a daughter you could get her a charm bracelet with charms that represent different events in her life up until now. If you have a son you could get him a set of dog tags that have a meaningful message on them. Neither of these gifts are expensive, but they are something your child can keep forever.
4. Have a Bonfire! You don’t have to live near the beach to have a bonfire. Celebrate your child’s middle school graduation by having a bonfire right in your own backyard. Roast marshmallows, play some music and let the kids sit around the fire talking about their school year and upcoming summer plans.
5. Plan an Outing. Take your graduate and their friends to a bowling alley, water park or a movie. Getting the kids out of the house and letting them pick an activity will make you the coolest mom on the block! Going out to do something fun with their friends also helps kick off a fun summer before high school.