This post is sponsored by Amwell, all opinions are my own.
No one has time to get sick and have that nagging need to go to the doctors. Moms especially do not have time with the busy season of the holidays, upcoming school vacations, and all the meal prep responsibilities that is motherhood. Did you know that it is possible to make same day doctor appointments with Amwell, and see a doctor from the comfort of your home home via cell phone, or computer? I know it sounds too good to be true but it is totally real. I tried it myself and it was so easy. The process of online doctor appointment scheduling is so easy anyone with access to the internet can do it. Plus Amwell goes beyond just making same day doctor appointments because you can actually talk to a doctor from the comfort of your own home within minutes of joining. Some common conditions people use this service for include things like bronchitis, coughing, sinus infection, sore throat, urinary track infection, vomiting, diarrhea, the flu, pinkeye, depression, anxiety, weight concerns, and smoking.
My readers can get a free visit when they use promocode BEWELL10
Completing Your Online Doctor Appointment Scheduling
By now you are realizing just how easy it is to book an appointment with a doctor online, but you probably still have lots of questions. One thing that crossed my mind when I was learning how to use the system was how does completing your online doctor appointment scheduling work exactly? How can I make same day doctor appointments? How much does it cost, and do I have everything I need to be able to talk with a doctor about my medical concern? Do I need anything special on my computer or phone so I can see the doctor through the web camera? Learning about these things was pretty easy, and the technology needed turned out to be nothing but an upgrade in the webcam software for my computer. Your online doctor appointment scheduling is done on the Amwell website, and its easy to find a doctor, schedule the appointment, and pay for the service right from the comfort of your couch.
Reasons to Use Amwell for Your Same Day Doctor Appointments
As I said above, moms are busy. It’s the holiday season and everyone is busy, but no one knows the pain of a mother’s hectic life unless they have children. It can be very difficult to find time to get to an actual doctors office. Scheduling same day doctor appointments is almost impossible unless you wake up before thousands of other people wanting that same appointment. Once you get there chances are high that you have a little helper getting into things from the time you arrive to the clinic to the time you get home. The convenience of talking to a doctor from your home means your little helper is at least confined to a parameter of your home while you sit on your couch discussing your medical concern. There’s less distraction, less worry, and less stress. Teachers would benefit from this to as they can see a doctor during their lunch break to save time.
- The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
- The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
- The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
- The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit
Amwell was a pleasant experience. I had a consultation with a dietitian, and found my doctor to be exceptionally informative. She was able to tell me what I was doing wrong, and why I am still feeling hungry all the time even though I am eating plenty of food. I was able to pin point what to change, and was told what I could expect if I did those changes. She gave me pointers about not dieting, to just eat real foods in smaller quantities. To avoid bad carbs, eat more veggies and fruits. Avoid fruit juice, soda, chocolate milk, and coffee. I walked away feeling that I was able to do this without spending hundreds of dollars each time I need to speak to a dietitian.
I felt that taking advantage of same day doctor appointments is a good thing because it allows me to do it when my busy schedule allows. It’s also very affordable, and I will be able to see a dietitian more often. My current health insurance allows me a set amount of appointments with one, but the appointment was $49, allowing me to do this for less money out of pocket because my clinic was going to charge me $300 each visit.
- Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits costing $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance
- Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for those who do have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet.
- Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of their own home.obtain common primary care prescriptions.
- Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to average,
- Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.