My kids were ecstatic when they found out they were reviewing Chalk City. We were given the opportunity to review the Chalk City Activity Kit pictured above.
The Chalk City® Activity Kit Includes:
- 1 Road Maker® Holds two pieces of sidewalk chalk and creates roadways or courses for kids to run or ride around on their favorite riding toy.
- 3 Road Sign Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can learn the rules of the road with the Stop Sign, Turn Left/Right, and Straight Ahead Stencils
- 3 Obstacle Course Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can enhance their outdoor physically active play time with the Jumping Jacks, Spin Left/Right, Hop Both Feet/Left Foot/Right Foot Stencils
- 20 pieces of Sidewalk Chalk
- 1 Activity Booklet Offers a variety of additional games and cities to enhance the Chalk City toy experience
Unfortunately, once we unpacked the box the excitement was short lived. Only my 10 year old son and his younger friend were into playing with it. My 13 year old daughter wanted nothing to do with it. My son seemed to like it however I think this toy is geared towards younger children because he wasn’t “that” into it. His younger friend appeared to enjoy it though a lot though.
So my son and his friend created a skateboard and bike trail and then got out their “riding” gear to test drive their new obstacle course. You can see them setting it up in the pictures above, however, my son’s friend ended up being in most of my photos and I do not have his parents’ permission to post. When the kids started mapping out their plan I was abruptly “kicked” out of the area and was no longer allowed to give any input whatsoever. When I took a hold of the drawing tool and tried to make a “do not” create path in this area blockage I was yelled at by my son for “messing” his skate board track up.
I loved how the kit came in separate bags for quick cleanup, as a mother, the thing I hate most about toys is the mess they create so it is nice that Chalk City thought about parents and not only made the activity easy to clean up but also ready for “independent cleanup” !
You can purchase the kit on Amazon for $44 here, Chalk City Activity Kit
Make sure to visit their Facebook page
Chalk City was nice enough to offer one lucky fan a complete set like the one I received. You can enter the giveaway
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.