Summer is still in full swing, and the kids don’t go back to school for a few more weeks. So for us we’re still trying to find things for our teens to do. Even though my kids are teens they still love doing kid things, and these perler bead emoji provide just the right amount of entertainment. It doesn’t take long to do these emojis so your child won’t get bored, and they can do most of the work themselves. Your kids are sure to enjoy making this laughing/crying emoji. For my Silhouette Cameo users, you can easily personalize these by placing vinyl names on the front or back. If you have a Silhouette or other vinyl cutting machine be sure to join my Rockin The Silhouette With Beads Group, where you will find other perler bead projects.
Materials Needed for Perler Bead Emoji
Mixed bag of Perler beads
Small circle and small/large square pegboard
Perler Ironing paper
For your convenience I have included an Amazon shopping list
Perler Beads Clear Square Pegboards 4 PackDowling Magnets 735007 Adhesive Magnet Dots, 5.5Slant Tweezers – TweezerGuru Professional Stainless Steel Slant Tip Tweezer – The Best Precision Eyebrow Tweezers For Your Daily Beauty Routine!BLACK+DECKER F210 Steam Iron with Nonstick Soleplate, White/BlueSilhouette Cameo — Starter Bundle
Directions for Perler Bead Emoji
1. Start off by printing your smiley template to lay next to you while your craft. You will need this diagram to align the beads correctly.
2. Now use your small circle pegboard for your laughing/crying emoji
3. Outline your emoji with your black beads
4. Then add your white, black, and blue beads in the center to make the eyes, tears, and mouth
5. Now fill in your emoji with your yellow beads
6. Carefully place a piece of ironing paper over the top of your emojis and iron on a dry setting for about 20 seconds
7. Peel your paper off and place another piece of paper on top and iron again to another 15 seconds
8. Let cool completely them peel your bead design off
9. Add a small sticky magnet to the back and place on your fridge
*Always play it safe, and keep away from small children. Supervise at all times.
Want to see more Perler Bead Projects?